Firebird is an open-source RDBMS, originally based on Borland's Interbase but which has been substantially rewritten since it was forked in 2001.
- 4.0 (June 2021, release notes, documentation)
- 3.0 (2015, documentation)
- 2.5 (2010)
- 2.1 (2008)
- 2.0 (November 2006)
- 1.5 (February 2004)
- 1.0 (July 2000)
See the roadmap for information on current supported versions.
- Wikipedia: Firebird_(database_server)
- The Firebird Database Engine & The Frustrations of The Long Distance Database Application Developer
Some personal projects related to Firebird - with a very PostgreSQL style.
- libfq - a wrapper library for Firebird's C API, loosely based on PostgreSQL's libpq
- firebird_fdw - a PostgreSQL foreign data wrapper (FDW) for Firebird
- fbsql - a simple command-line client for the Firebird database, inspired by PostgreSQL's psql